Denmark is an amazing country to live and work with world famous cities like Copenhagen and friendly local people. Denmark has been an important part of the European Union since 1973 and there are so many reasons to move here. This country is often voted one of the happiest places in the world due to the extensive welfare benefits, low corruption, well-functioning democracy and small population.
If you would like to work a summer season there are lots of jobs available. These are popular with students both Danish and also international. Positions can be found in tourism, hospitality, hotels, agriculture, farm work, fruit picking, sports coaching, summer camps, language schools and voluntary work.
List of 10 Seasonal Jobs in Denmark for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship
- Christmas tree seller – During the holiday season, many Danes purchase Christmas trees. Some businesses hire seasonal workers to sell and distribute trees.
- Summer camp counselor – Summer camps in Denmark offer a range of activities for children and teens, and counselors are responsible for supervising and engaging with campers.
- Lifeguard – During the summer months, many beaches and pools in Denmark hire seasonal lifeguards to ensure the safety of swimmers.
- Tour guide – Denmark is a popular tourist destination, and seasonal tour guides are needed to lead tours of cities, landmarks, and attractions.
- Festival staff – Denmark is home to many festivals throughout the year, and seasonal workers are needed to handle event logistics, security, and customer service.
- Hotel staff – During the peak travel season, hotels in Denmark may hire seasonal staff to handle housekeeping, front desk, and restaurant duties.
- Fruit picker – Similar to other countries, Denmark also requires fruit pickers during the summer months to harvest crops such as strawberries, raspberries, and cherries.
- Christmas market vendor – Christmas markets are popular in Denmark, and seasonal vendors are needed to sell gifts, crafts, and food.
- Ski resort staff – In the winter months, ski resorts in Denmark hire seasonal staff to handle ski rentals, lift operations, and food service.
- Event planner – Many businesses and individuals in Denmark host events throughout the year, and seasonal event planners may be hired to help with the planning and execution.
Please note that the availability and requirements for these jobs may vary based on the location and employer. It’s always best to do thorough research and apply directly to the companies offering seasonal positions.
How to Apply for Denmark Seasonal Jobs
The following steps are required to be properly followed in order to apply for a high income seasonal job in Denmark.
- Identify the job opportunities – Look for seasonal job openings in Denmark through job search websites, recruitment agencies, or the websites of specific companies.
- Check your eligibility – Review the job requirements and make sure you meet the necessary qualifications and have any required experience or skills.
- Prepare your application – Update your resume and cover letter to highlight your relevant skills and experience.
- Apply for the job – Submit your application through the employer’s preferred method, which could be an online application form or email.
- Attend an interview – If your application is successful, you may be invited for an interview either in person or via phone or video conference.
- Obtain a visa if necessary – Depending on your nationality, you may need to apply for a visa to work in Denmark. Check the visa requirements and apply for a visa if necessary.
- Finalize the job offer – Once you have accepted a job offer, make sure to sign the contract and complete any necessary paperwork.
It is important for foreigners to note that the application process may vary depending on the employer and the type of job you are applying for. It’s important to carefully read the job description and follow the instructions provided by the employer.